"Water" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- clefts (senile cataract) - See: Cataract, senile, incipient;
- deprivation of - T73.1 Deprivation of water
- intoxication - E87.79 Other fluid overload
- itch - B76.9 Hookworm disease, unspecified
- lack of - T73.1 Deprivation of water
- loading - E87.70 Fluid overload, unspecified
- brain - See: Hydrocephalus;
- chest - J94.8 Other specified pleural conditions
- poisoning - E87.79 Other fluid overload
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Brain: The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Poisoning: A condition or physical state produced by the ingestion, injection, inhalation of or exposure to a deleterious agent.
Water: A clear, odorless, tasteless liquid that is essential for most animal and plant life and is an excellent solvent for many substances. The chemical formula is hydrogen oxide (H2O). (McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, 4th ed)