Use the alphabetical index for the main term tortuous to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- aortic arch - Q25.46 Tortuous aortic arch
- artery - I77.1 Stricture of artery
- organ or site, congenital NEC - See: Distortion;
- retinal vessel, congenital - Q14.1 Congenital malformation of retina
- ureter - N13.8 Other obstructive and reflux uropathy
- urethra - N36.8 Other specified disorders of urethra
- vein - See: Varix;
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to tortuous within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Arteries: The vessels carrying blood away from the heart.
Ureter: One of a pair of thick-walled tubes that transports urine from the KIDNEY PELVIS to the URINARY BLADDER.
Urethra: A tube that transports URINE from the URINARY BLADDER to the outside of the body in both the sexes. It also has a reproductive function in the male by providing a passage for SPERM.
Veins: The vessels carrying blood away from the CAPILLARY BEDS.