"Sloughing (multiple) (phagedena) (skin)" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Sloughing (multiple) (phagedena) (skin) - See Also: Gangrene;
- abscess - See: Abscess;
- appendix - K38.8 Other specified diseases of appendix
- fascia - See: Disorder, soft tissue, specified type NEC;
- scrotum - N50.89 Other specified disorders of the male genital organs
- tendon - See: Disorder, tendon;
- transplanted organ - See: Rejection, transplant;
- ulcer - See: Ulcer, skin;
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Abscess: Accumulation of purulent material in tissues, organs, or circumscribed spaces, usually associated with signs of infection.
Appendix: A worm-like blind tube extension from the CECUM.
Fascia: Layers of connective tissue of variable thickness. The superficial fascia is found immediately below the skin; the deep fascia invests MUSCLES, nerves, and other organs.
Scrotum: A cutaneous pouch of skin containing the testicles and spermatic cords.
Tendons: Fibrous bands or cords of CONNECTIVE TISSUE at the ends of SKELETAL MUSCLE FIBERS that serve to attach the MUSCLES to bones and other structures.
Ulcer: A lesion on the surface of the skin or a mucous surface, produced by the sloughing of inflammatory necrotic tissue.