"Ringworm" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Ringworm - B35.9 Dermatophytosis, unspecified
- beard - B35.0 Tinea barbae and tinea capitis
- black dot - B35.0 Tinea barbae and tinea capitis
- body - B35.4 Tinea corporis
- Burmese - B35.5 Tinea imbricata
- corporeal - B35.4 Tinea corporis
- foot - B35.3 Tinea pedis
- groin - B35.6 Tinea cruris
- hand - B35.2 Tinea manuum
- honeycomb - B35.0 Tinea barbae and tinea capitis
- nails - B35.1 Tinea unguium
- perianal (area) - B35.6 Tinea cruris
- scalp - B35.0 Tinea barbae and tinea capitis
- specified NEC - B35.8 Other dermatophytoses
- Tokelau - B35.5 Tinea imbricata
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Foot: The distal extremity of the leg in vertebrates, consisting of the tarsus (ANKLE); METATARSUS; phalanges; and the soft tissues surrounding these bones.
Groin: The external junctural region between the lower part of the abdomen and the thigh.
Hand: The distal part of the arm beyond the wrist in humans and primates, that includes the palm, fingers, and thumb.
Nails: The thin, horny plates that cover the dorsal surfaces of the distal phalanges of the fingers and toes of primates.
Scalp: The outer covering of the calvaria. It is composed of several layers: SKIN; subcutaneous connective tissue; the occipitofrontal muscle which includes the tendinous galea aponeurotica; loose connective tissue; and the pericranium (the PERIOSTEUM of the SKULL).