"Retraction" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- cervix - See: Retroversion, uterus;
- drum (membrane) - See: Disorder, tympanic membrane, specified NEC;
- finger - See: Deformity, finger;
- lid - H02.539 Eyelid retraction unspecified eye, unspecified lid
- left - H02.536 Eyelid retraction left eye, unspecified eyelid
- right - H02.533 Eyelid retraction right eye, unspecified eyelid
- lung - J98.4 Other disorders of lung
- mediastinum - J98.59 Other diseases of mediastinum, not elsewhere classified
- nipple - N64.53 Retraction of nipple
- palmar fascia - M72.0 Palmar fascial fibromatosis [Dupuytren]
- pleura - See: Pleurisy;
- ring, uterus (Bandl's) (pathological) - O62.4 Hypertonic, incoordinate, and prolonged uterine contractions
- sternum (congenital) - Q76.7 Congenital malformation of sternum
- acquired - M95.4 Acquired deformity of chest and rib
- uterus - See: Retroversion, uterus;
- valve (heart) - See: Endocarditis;
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Cervix Uteri: The neck portion of the UTERUS between the lower isthmus and the VAGINA forming the cervical canal.
Fingers: Four or five slender jointed digits in humans and primates, attached to each HAND.
Lactation: The processes of milk secretion by the maternal MAMMARY GLANDS after PARTURITION. The proliferation of the mammary glandular tissue, milk synthesis, and milk expulsion or let down are regulated by the interactions of several hormones including ESTRADIOL; PROGESTERONE; PROLACTIN; and OXYTOCIN.
Lung: Either of the pair of organs occupying the cavity of the thorax that effect the aeration of the blood.
Mediastinum: A membrane in the midline of the THORAX of mammals. It separates the lungs between the STERNUM in front and the VERTEBRAL COLUMN behind. It also surrounds the HEART, TRACHEA, ESOPHAGUS, THYMUS, and LYMPH NODES.
Nipples: The conic organs which usually give outlet to milk from the mammary glands.
Pleura: The thin serous membrane enveloping the lungs (LUNG) and lining the THORACIC CAVITY. Pleura consist of two layers, the inner visceral pleura lying next to the pulmonary parenchyma and the outer parietal pleura. Between the two layers is the PLEURAL CAVITY which contains a thin film of liquid.
Pregnancy: The status during which female mammals carry their developing young (EMBRYOS or FETUSES) in utero before birth, beginning from FERTILIZATION to BIRTH.
Uterus: The hollow thick-walled muscular organ in the female PELVIS. It consists of the fundus which is the site of EMBRYO IMPLANTATION and FETAL DEVELOPMENT. Beyond the isthmus at the perineal end of fundus, is CERVIX UTERI (the neck) opening into VAGINA. Beyond the isthmi at the upper abdominal end of fundus, are the FALLOPIAN TUBES.