"Perichondritis" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- auricle - See: Perichondritis, ear;
- bronchus - J98.09 Other diseases of bronchus, not elsewhere classified
- ear (external) - H61.00 Unspecified perichondritis of external ear
- external auditory canal - See: Perichondritis, ear;
- larynx - J38.7 Other diseases of larynx
- nose - J34.89 Other specified disorders of nose and nasal sinuses
- pinna - See: Perichondritis, ear;
- trachea - J39.8 Other specified diseases of upper respiratory tract
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Larynx: A tubular organ of VOICE production. It is located in the anterior neck, superior to the TRACHEA and inferior to the tongue and HYOID BONE.
Nose: A part of the upper respiratory tract. It contains the organ of SMELL. The term includes the external nose, the nasal cavity, and the PARANASAL SINUSES.
Trachea: The cartilaginous and membranous tube descending from the larynx and branching into the right and left main bronchi.
Typhoid Fever: An acute systemic febrile infection caused by SALMONELLA TYPHI, a serotype of SALMONELLA ENTERICA.