"Patent" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Patent - See Also: Imperfect, closure;
- canal of Nuck - Q52.4 Other congenital malformations of vagina
- cervix - N88.3 Incompetence of cervix uteri
- ductus arteriosus or Botallo's - Q25.0 Patent ductus arteriosus
- interauricular septum - Q21.1 Atrial septal defect
- interventricular septum - Q21.0 Ventricular septal defect
- omphalomesenteric duct - Q43.0 Meckel's diverticulum (displaced) (hypertrophic)
- os (uteri) - See: Patent, cervix;
- ostium secundum - Q21.1 Atrial septal defect
- urachus - Q64.4 Malformation of urachus
- vitelline duct - Q43.0 Meckel's diverticulum (displaced) (hypertrophic)
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Cervix Uteri: The neck portion of the UTERUS between the lower isthmus and the VAGINA forming the cervical canal.
Patent: Work consisting of documents granted by a government giving exclusive rights to an inventor or assignee to manufacture, use, or sell an invention for a certain number of years.
Urachus: An embryonic structure originating from the ALLANTOIS. It is a canal connecting the fetal URINARY BLADDER and the UMBILICUS. It is normally converted into a fibrous cord postnatally. When the canal fails to be filled and remains open (patent urachus), urine leaks through the umbilicus.
Vitelline Duct: The narrow tube connecting the YOLK SAC with the midgut of the EMBRYO; persistence of all or part of it in post-fetal life produces abnormalities, of which the commonest is MECKEL DIVERTICULUM.