Use the alphabetical index for the main term mastitis (acute) (diffuse) (nonpuerperal) (subacute) to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Mastitis (acute) (diffuse) (nonpuerperal) (subacute) - N61.0 Mastitis without abscess
- chronic (cystic) - See: Mastopathy, cystic;
- cystic (Schimmelbusch's type) - See: Mastopathy, cystic;
- fibrocystic - See: Mastopathy, cystic;
- infective - N61.0 Mastitis without abscess
- newborn - P39.0 Neonatal infective mastitis
- interstitial, gestational or puerperal - See: Mastitis, obstetric;
- neonatal (noninfective) - P83.4 Breast engorgement of newborn
- infective - P39.0 Neonatal infective mastitis
- obstetric (interstitial) (nonpurulent)
- associated with
- periductal - See: Ectasia, mammary duct;
- phlegmonous - See: Mastopathy, cystic;
- plasma cell - See: Ectasia, mammary duct;
- with abscess - N61.1 Abscess of the breast and nipple
- without abscess - N61.0 Mastitis without abscess
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to mastitis (acute) (diffuse) (nonpuerperal) (subacute) within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Lactation: The processes of milk secretion by the maternal MAMMARY GLANDS after PARTURITION. The proliferation of the mammary glandular tissue, milk synthesis, and milk expulsion or let down are regulated by the interactions of several hormones including ESTRADIOL; PROGESTERONE; PROLACTIN; and OXYTOCIN.
Infant, Newborn: An infant during the first 28 days after birth.
Plasma Cells: Specialized forms of antibody-producing B-LYMPHOCYTES. They synthesize and secrete immunoglobulin. They are found only in lymphoid organs and at sites of immune responses and normally do not circulate in the blood or lymph. (Rosen et al., Dictionary of Immunology, 1989, p169 & Abbas et al., Cellular and Molecular Immunology, 2d ed, p20)
Pregnancy: The status during which female mammals carry their developing young (EMBRYOS or FETUSES) in utero before birth, beginning from FERTILIZATION to BIRTH.