Use the alphabetical index for the main term hydrarthrosis to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Hydrarthrosis - See Also: Effusion, joint;
- gonococcal - A54.42 Gonococcal arthritis
- intermittent - M12.40 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, unspecified site
- ankle - M12.47 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, ankle and foot
- elbow - M12.42 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, elbow
- foot joint - M12.47 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, ankle and foot
- hand joint - M12.44 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, hand
- hip - M12.45 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, hip
- knee - M12.46 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, knee
- multiple site - M12.49 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, multiple sites
- shoulder - M12.41 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, shoulder
- specified joint NEC - M12.48 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, other site
- wrist - M12.43 Intermittent hydrarthrosis, wrist
- of yaws (early) (late) - See Also: subcategory M14.8-; - A66.6 Bone and joint lesions of yaws
- syphilitic (late) - A52.77 Syphilis of bone and joint
- congenital - A50.55 Late congenital syphilitic arthropathy
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to hydrarthrosis within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Ankle: The region of the lower limb between the FOOT and the LEG.
Elbow: Region of the body immediately surrounding and including the ELBOW JOINT.
Foot Joints: The articulations extending from the ANKLE distally to the TOES. These include the ANKLE JOINT; TARSAL JOINTS; METATARSOPHALANGEAL JOINT; and TOE JOINT.
Hip: The projecting part on each side of the body, formed by the side of the pelvis and the top portion of the femur.
Knee: A region of the lower extremity immediately surrounding and including the KNEE JOINT.
Shoulder: Part of the body in humans and primates where the arms connect to the trunk. The shoulder has five joints; ACROMIOCLAVICULAR joint, CORACOCLAVICULAR joint, GLENOHUMERAL joint, scapulathoracic joint, and STERNOCLAVICULAR joint.
Wrist: The region of the upper limb between the metacarpus and the FOREARM.