"Hemolysis" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- postpartum - O72.3 Postpartum coagulation defects
- abortion - See: Abortion, by type, complicated by, hemorrhage;
- ectopic or molar pregnancy - O08.1 Delayed or excessive hemorrhage following ectopic and molar pregnancy
- antepartum - See: Hemorrhage, antepartum, with coagulation defect;
- intrapartum - See Also: Hemorrhage, complicating, delivery; - O67.0 Intrapartum hemorrhage with coagulation defect
- neonatal (excessive) - P58.9 Neonatal jaundice due to excessive hemolysis, unspecified
- specified NEC - P58.8 Neonatal jaundice due to other specified excessive hemolysis
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Hemolysis: The destruction of ERYTHROCYTES by many different causal agents such as antibodies, bacteria, chemicals, temperature, and changes in tonicity.
Hemorrhage: Bleeding or escape of blood from a vessel.
Postpartum Period: In females, the period that is shortly after giving birth (PARTURITION).