Use the alphabetical index for the main term dissection to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- aorta - I71.00 Dissection of unspecified site of aorta
- artery - I77.70 Dissection of unspecified artery
- basilar (trunk) - I77.75 Dissection of other precerebral arteries
- carotid - I77.71 Dissection of carotid artery
- cerebral (nonruptured) - I67.0 Dissection of cerebral arteries, nonruptured
- ruptured - See: Hemorrhage, intracranial, subarachnoid;
- coronary - I25.42 Coronary artery dissection
- iliac - I77.72 Dissection of iliac artery
- renal - I77.73 Dissection of renal artery
- specified NEC - I77.79 Dissection of other specified artery
- vertebral - I77.74 Dissection of vertebral artery
- precerebral artery, congenital (nonruptured) - Q28.1 Other malformations of precerebral vessels
- Heartland - A93.8 Other specified arthropod-borne viral fevers
- traumatic - See: Wound, open, by site;
- vascular - I99.8 Other disorder of circulatory system
- wound - See: Wound, open;
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to dissection within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Aorta: The main trunk of the systemic arteries.
Arteries: The vessels carrying blood away from the heart.
Dissection: The separation and isolation of tissues for surgical purposes, or for the analysis or study of their structures.
Extremities: The farthest or outermost projections of the body, such as the HAND and FOOT.
Wounds and Injuries: Damage inflicted on the body as the direct or indirect result of an external force, with or without disruption of structural continuity.