"Deposit" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- bone in Boeck's sarcoid - D86.89 Sarcoidosis of other sites
- calcareous, calcium - See: Calcification;
- retina - H35.89 Other specified retinal disorders
- vitreous (body) (humor) - See: Deposit, crystalline;
- conjunctiva - H11.11 Conjunctival deposits
- cornea - H18.00 Unspecified corneal deposit
- crystalline, vitreous (body) (humor) - H43.2 Crystalline deposits in vitreous body
- hemosiderin in old scars of cornea - See: Pigmentation, cornea, stromal;
- metallic in lens - See: Cataract, specified NEC;
- skin - R23.8 Other skin changes
- tooth, teeth (betel) (black) (green) (materia alba) (orange) (tobacco) - K03.6 Deposits [accretions] on teeth
- urate, kidney - See: Calculus, kidney;
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Cholesterol: The principal sterol of all higher animals, distributed in body tissues, especially the brain and spinal cord, and in animal fats and oils.
Conjunctiva: The mucous membrane that covers the posterior surface of the eyelids and the anterior pericorneal surface of the eyeball.
Cornea: The transparent anterior portion of the fibrous coat of the eye consisting of five layers: stratified squamous CORNEAL EPITHELIUM; BOWMAN MEMBRANE; CORNEAL STROMA; DESCEMET MEMBRANE; and mesenchymal CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUM. It serves as the first refracting medium of the eye. It is structurally continuous with the SCLERA, avascular, receiving its nourishment by permeation through spaces between the lamellae, and is innervated by the ophthalmic division of the TRIGEMINAL NERVE via the ciliary nerves and those of the surrounding conjunctiva which together form plexuses. (Cline et al., Dictionary of Visual Science, 4th ed)
Skin: The outer covering of the body that protects it from the environment. It is composed of the DERMIS and the EPIDERMIS.