"Depletion" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- extracellular fluid - E86.9 Volume depletion, unspecified
- plasma - E86.1 Hypovolemia
- potassium - E87.6 Hypokalemia
- nephropathy - N25.89 Other disorders resulting from impaired renal tubular function
- salt or sodium - E87.1 Hypo-osmolality and hyponatremia
- volume NOS - E86.9 Volume depletion, unspecified
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Extracellular Fluid: The fluid of the body that is outside of CELLS. It is the external environment for the cells.
Plasma: The residual portion of BLOOD that is left after removal of BLOOD CELLS by CENTRIFUGATION without prior BLOOD COAGULATION.
Potassium: An element in the alkali group of metals with an atomic symbol K, atomic number 19, and atomic weight 39.10. It is the chief cation in the intracellular fluid of muscle and other cells. Potassium ion is a strong electrolyte that plays a significant role in the regulation of fluid volume and maintenance of the WATER-ELECTROLYTE BALANCE.