"Coccidioidomycosis" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Coccidioidomycosis - B38.9 Coccidioidomycosis, unspecified
- cutaneous - B38.3 Cutaneous coccidioidomycosis
- disseminated - B38.7 Disseminated coccidioidomycosis
- generalized - B38.7 Disseminated coccidioidomycosis
- meninges - B38.4 Coccidioidomycosis meningitis
- prostate - B38.81 Prostatic coccidioidomycosis
- pulmonary - B38.2 Pulmonary coccidioidomycosis, unspecified
- skin - B38.3 Cutaneous coccidioidomycosis
- specified NEC - B38.89 Other forms of coccidioidomycosis
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Coccidioidomycosis: Infection with a fungus of the genus COCCIDIOIDES, endemic to the SOUTHWESTERN UNITED STATES. It is sometimes called valley fever but should not be confused with RIFT VALLEY FEVER. Infection is caused by inhalation of airborne, fungal particles known as arthroconidia, a form of FUNGAL SPORES. A primary form is an acute, benign, self-limited respiratory infection. A secondary form is a virulent, severe, chronic, progressive granulomatous disease with systemic involvement. It can be detected by use of COCCIDIOIDIN.
Meninges: The three membranes that cover the BRAIN and the SPINAL CORD. They are the dura mater, the arachnoid, and the pia mater.
Prostate: A gland in males that surrounds the neck of the URINARY BLADDER and the URETHRA. It secretes a substance that liquefies coagulated semen. It is situated in the pelvic cavity behind the lower part of the PUBIC SYMPHYSIS, above the deep layer of the triangular ligament, and rests upon the RECTUM.
Skin: The outer covering of the body that protects it from the environment. It is composed of the DERMIS and the EPIDERMIS.