Use the alphabetical index for the main term actinomycosis, actinomycotic to review the available sub terms and properly select the ICD-10 code with the highest degree of specificity. Instructional notations will guide the coder with information such as "see", "see also", "with", "without", "due to", and "code by site".
- Actinomycosis, actinomycotic - A42.9 Actinomycosis, unspecified
- abdominal - A42.1 Abdominal actinomycosis
- cervicofacial - A42.2 Cervicofacial actinomycosis
- cutaneous - A42.89 Other forms of actinomycosis
- gastrointestinal - A42.1 Abdominal actinomycosis
- pulmonary - A42.0 Pulmonary actinomycosis
- sepsis - A42.7 Actinomycotic sepsis
- specified site NEC - A42.89 Other forms of actinomycosis
- with pneumonia - A42.0 Pulmonary actinomycosis
The following are some of the clinical term definitions related or applicable to actinomycosis, actinomycotic within the ICD-10 index for Diseases and Injuries.
Sepsis: Systemic inflammatory response syndrome with a proven or suspected infectious etiology. When sepsis is associated with organ dysfunction distant from the site of infection, it is called severe sepsis. When sepsis is accompanied by HYPOTENSION despite adequate fluid infusion, it is called SEPTIC SHOCK.