Diagnosis Code V26.32
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- Z31.438 - Encounter for oth genetic testing of female for pro mgmt (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code V26.32 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- female V26.32
Information for Patients
Genetic counseling provides information and support to people who have, or may be at risk for, genetic disorders. A genetic counselor meets with you to discuss genetic risks. The counseling may be for yourself or a family member. Or you may get it when you are planning or expecting a baby. You may follow up with genetic testing.
There are many reasons to seek genetic counseling. You may consider it if you
- Have a personal or family history of a genetic condition or birth defect
- Are pregnant or planning to be pregnant after age 35
- Already have a child with a genetic disorder or birth defect
- Have had two or more pregnancy losses or a baby who died
- Have had ultrasound or screening tests that suggest a possible problem
Genetics Home Reference
- Genetic counseling