Diagnosis Code 679.11
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses (age 12 through 55) Maternity diagnoses (age 12 through 55)
Maternity diagnoses: Age range is 12–55 years inclusive.
Convert to ICD-10 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- O35.7XX0 - Maternal care for damage to fetus by oth medical proc, unsp (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
A normal pregnancy lasts nine months. Each three-month period of pregnancy is called a trimester. During each trimester, the fetus grows and develops. There are specific prenatal tests to monitor both the mother's health and fetal health during each trimester.
With modern technology, health professionals can
- Detect birth defects
- Identify problems that may affect childbirth
- Correct some kinds of fetal problems before the baby is born
- Developmental disorders of the female reproductive tract
- Fetal development
- Intrauterine growth restriction