Diagnosis Code 539.89
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- K95.89 - Other complications of other bariatric procedure
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code 539.89 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- bariatric surgery
- stomach stapling 539.89
Information for Patients
Also called: Bariatric surgery, Bypass surgery, Gastric banding, Obesity surgery
Weight loss surgery helps people with extreme obesity to lose weight. It may be an option if you cannot lose weight through diet and exercise or have serious health problems caused by obesity.
There are different types of weight loss surgery. They often limit the amount of food you can take in. Some types of surgery also affect how you digest food and absorb nutrients. All types have risks and complications, such as infections, hernias, and blood clots.
Many people who have the surgery lose weight quickly, but regain some weight later on. If you follow diet and exercise recommendations, you can keep most of the weight off. You will also need medical follow-up for the rest of your life.
NIH: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Bariatric Surgery for Severe Obesity - NIH (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases)
- Diet after gastric banding
- Gastric bypass surgery
- Gastric bypass surgery - discharge
- Laparoscopic gastric banding
- Laparoscopic gastric banding - discharge
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Your diet after gastric bypass surgery