Present on Admission Exempt ICD-10 Codes - Sequelae of other and unsp infectious and parasitic diseases (B94)
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific ICD-10 diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
- B94.0 - Sequelae of trachoma
- B94.1 - Sequelae of viral encephalitis
- B94.2 - Sequelae of viral hepatitis
- B94.8 - Sequelae of oth infectious and parasitic diseases
- B94.9 - Sequelae of unspecified infectious and parasitic disease