Present on Admission Exempt ICD-10 Codes - Other congenital malformations of nervous system (Q07)
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific ICD-10 diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
- Q07.00 - Arnold-Chiari syndrome without spina bifida or hydrocephalus
- Q07.01 - Arnold-Chiari syndrome with spina bifida
- Q07.02 - Arnold-Chiari syndrome with hydrocephalus
- Q07.03 - Arnold-Chiari syndrome with spina bifida and hydrocephalus
- Q07.8 - Other specified congenital malformations of nervous system
- Q07.9 - Congenital malformation of nervous system, unspecified