Present on Admission Exempt ICD-10 Codes - Other congenital malformations of digestive system (Q45)
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific ICD-10 diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
- Q45.0 - Agenesis, aplasia and hypoplasia of pancreas
- Q45.1 - Annular pancreas
- Q45.2 - Congenital pancreatic cyst
- Q45.3 - Oth congenital malformations of pancreas and pancreatic duct
- Q45.8 - Other specified congenital malformations of digestive system
- Q45.9 - Congenital malformation of digestive system, unspecified