Alzheimer's disease (G30)
Diseases of the nervous system (G00–G99)
Other degenerative diseases of the nervous system (G30-G32)
This note appears immediately under a three character code title to further define, or give examples of, the content of the category.
- Alzheimer's dementia senile and presenile forms
Use Additional Code Use Additional Code
The “use additional code” indicates that a secondary code could be used to further specify the patient’s condition. This note is not mandatory and is only used if enough information is available to assign an additional code.
- code, if applicable, to identify:
- delirium, if applicable F05
- dementia with anxiety F02.84 F02.A4 F02.B4 F02.C4
- dementia with behavioral disturbance F02.81 F02.A1 F02.B1 F02.C1
- dementia with mood disturbance F02.83 F02.A3 F02.B3 F02.C3
- dementia with psychotic disturbance F02.82 F02.A2 F02.B2 F02.C2
- dementia without behavioral disturbance F02.80 F02.A0 F02.B0 F02.C0
- mild neurocognitive disorder due to known physiological condition F06.7