"Maldevelopment" References in the ICD-10-CM Index to Diseases and Injuries
- Maldevelopment - See Also: Anomaly;
- brain - Q07.9 Congenital malformation of nervous system, unspecified
- colon - Q43.9 Congenital malformation of intestine, unspecified
- hip - Q74.2 Other congenital malformations of lower limb(s), including pelvic girdle
- mastoid process - Q75.8 Other specified congenital malformations of skull and face bones
- middle ear - Q16.4 Other congenital malformations of middle ear
- ossicles - Q16.3 Congenital malformation of ear ossicles
- spine - Q76.49 Other congenital malformations of spine, not associated with scoliosis
- toe - Q74.2 Other congenital malformations of lower limb(s), including pelvic girdle
Applicable Clinical Terms Definitions
Brain: The part of CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM that is contained within the skull (CRANIUM). Arising from the NEURAL TUBE, the embryonic brain is comprised of three major parts including PROSENCEPHALON (the forebrain); MESENCEPHALON (the midbrain); and RHOMBENCEPHALON (the hindbrain). The developed brain consists of CEREBRUM; CEREBELLUM; and other structures in the BRAIN STEM.
Colon: The segment of LARGE INTESTINE between the CECUM and the RECTUM. It includes the ASCENDING COLON; the TRANSVERSE COLON; the DESCENDING COLON; and the SIGMOID COLON.
Hip: The projecting part on each side of the body, formed by the side of the pelvis and the top portion of the femur.
Mastoid: The posterior part of the temporal bone. It is a projection of the petrous bone.
Ear, Middle: The space and structures directly internal to the TYMPANIC MEMBRANE and external to the inner ear (LABYRINTH). Its major components include the AUDITORY OSSICLES and the EUSTACHIAN TUBE that connects the cavity of middle ear (tympanic cavity) to the upper part of the throat.
Spine: The spinal or vertebral column.
Toes: Any one of five terminal digits of the vertebrate FOOT.