Diagnosis Code 493.81
Information for Medical Professionals
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- J45.990 - Exercise induced bronchospasm
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code 493.81 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Asthma, asthmatic (bronchial) (catarrh) (spasmodic) 493.9
- exercise induced bronchospasm 493.81
- Bronchospasm 519.11
Information for Patients
The bronchi are two tubes that branch off the trachea, or windpipe. The bronchi carry air to your lungs.
The most common problem with the bronchi is bronchitis, an inflammation of the tubes. Bronchitis can be acute or chronic. Other problems include
- Bronchiectasis, a condition in which damage to the airways causes them to widen and become flabby and scarred
- Exercise-induced bronchospasm, which happens when the airways shrink while you are exercising
- Bronchiolitis, an inflammation of the small airways that branch off from the bronchi
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia, a condition affecting infants
Treatment of bronchial disorders depends on the cause.
- Bronchiolitis - discharge
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Postural drainage
- Tracheal/bronchial rupture