Diagnosis Code Z95.828
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Unacceptable principal diagnosis Unacceptable principal diagnosis
There are selected codes that describe a circumstance which influences an individual’s health status but not a current illness or injury, or codes that are not specific manifestations but may be due to an underlying cause. These codes are considered unacceptable as a principal diagnosis.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code Z95.828 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 314 - OTHER CIRCULATORY SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH MCC
- 315 - OTHER CIRCULATORY SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITH CC
- 316 - OTHER CIRCULATORY SYSTEM DIAGNOSES WITHOUT CC/MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V43.4 - Blood vessel replac NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code Z95.828 is exempt from POA reporting.
- Arteriovenous shunt in situ
- Bypass stent graft present
- Cardiovascular shunt finding
- Cerebral aneurysm clip in situ
- History of aortic arch replacement
- History of arterial bypass of lower limb artery
- History of artificial blood vessel
- History of blood vessel resection and replacement
- History of insertion of iliac stent
- History of repair of aneurysm of abdominal aorta
- History of repair of aneurysm of abdominal aorta using endovascular stent graft
- History of replacement of ascending aorta
- Inferior vena cava filter in situ
- Peripherally inserted central venous catheter in situ
- Portasystemic shunt
- Stented artery
- Surgically constructed arteriovenous fistula
- Surgically constructed drainage of coronary sinus to pulmonary venous atrium
- Surgically constructed drainage of coronary sinus to systemic venous atrium
- Surgically constructed radioulnar arteriovenous fistula
- Surgically constructed vein loop
- Tunneled central venous catheter in situ
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code Z95.828 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.