Diagnosis Code Z90.41
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Z90.41 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Code Also: "Code also note"
A "code also" note instructs that two codes may be required to fully describe a condition, but this note does not provide sequencing direction.
- exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (K86.81)
Information for Patients
The pancreas is a gland behind your stomach and in front of your spine. It produces juices that help break down food and hormones that help control blood sugar levels. Problems with the pancreas can lead to many health problems. These include
- Pancreatitis, or inflammation of the pancreas: This happens when digestive enzymes start digesting the pancreas itself
- Pancreatic cancer
- Cystic fibrosis, a genetic disorder in which thick, sticky mucus can also block tubes in your pancreas
The pancreas also plays a role in diabetes. In type 1 diabetes, the beta cells of the pancreas no longer make insulin because the body's immune system has attacked them. In type 2 diabetes, the pancreas loses the ability to secrete enough insulin in response to meals.
- Acute pancreatitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Amylase - blood (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Annular pancreas (Medical Encyclopedia)
- ERCP (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lipase test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Pancreatic pseudocyst (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)