Diagnosis Code Z49.0
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code Z49.0 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Encounter for dialysis instruction and training
Information for Patients
Also called: Renal dialysis
When your kidneys are healthy, they clean your blood. They also make hormones that keep your bones strong and your blood healthy. When your kidneys fail, you need treatment to replace the work your kidneys used to do. Unless you have a kidney transplant, you will need a treatment called dialysis.
There are two main types of dialysis. Both types filter your blood to rid your body of harmful wastes, extra salt, and water.
- Hemodialysis uses a machine. It is sometimes called an artificial kidney. You usually go to a special clinic for treatments several times a week.
- Peritoneal dialysis uses the lining of your abdomen, called the peritoneal membrane, to filter your blood.
NIH: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Central venous catheter - dressing change (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Central venous catheter - flushing (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Central venous catheters - ports (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dialysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dialysis -- hemodialysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dialysis centers -- what to expect (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hemodialysis access -- self care (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hemodialysis access procedures (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Taking care of your vascular access for hemodialysis (Medical Encyclopedia)