Diagnosis Code T83.420
Information for Medical Professionals
- Disorder of implanted penile prosthesis
- Displacement of penile prosthesis
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code T83.420 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Displacement of penile prosthesis cylinder
- Displacement of penile prosthesis pump
- Displacement of penile prosthesis reservoir
Information for Patients
Also called: ED, Impotence
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common type of male sexual dysfunction. It is when a man has trouble getting or keeping an erection. ED becomes more common as you get older. But it's not a natural part of aging.
Some people have trouble speaking with their doctors about sex. But if you have ED, you should tell your doctor. ED can be a sign of health problems. It may mean your blood vessels are clogged. It may mean you have nerve damage from diabetes. If you don't see your doctor, these problems will go untreated.
Your doctor can offer several new treatments for ED. For many men, the answer is as simple as taking a pill. Getting more exercise, losing weight, or stopping smoking may also help.
NIH: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- Drugs that may cause impotence (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Erection problems (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Erection problems - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)