Diagnosis Code T79.6XXS
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code T79.6XXS is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 908.6 - Late eff complic trauma (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code T79.6XXS is exempt from POA reporting.
- Anterior shin splints
- Muscle crush syndrome
- Volkmann's contracture
- Volkmann's ischemic contracture following injury
Information for Patients
Also called: Myopathy
Your muscles help you move and help your body work. Different types of muscles have different jobs. There are many problems that can affect muscles. Muscle disorders can cause weakness, pain or even paralysis.
Causes of muscle disorders include
- Injury or overuse, such as sprains or strains, cramps or tendinitis
- A genetic disorder, such as muscular dystrophy
- Some cancers
- Inflammation, such as myositis
- Diseases of nerves that affect muscles
- Certain medicines
Sometimes the cause is not known.
- Caring for muscle spasticity or spasms (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Compartment syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Contracture deformity (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Creatine phosphokinase test (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Electromyography (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Eyelid twitch (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Hypotonia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle aches (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle atrophy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle function loss (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Muscle twitching (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Rhabdomyolysis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Weakness (Medical Encyclopedia)