Diagnosis Code T76
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code T76 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- 7th Characters: 7th Characters
Certain ICD-10-CM categories have applicable 7th characters. The applicable 7th character is required for all codes within the category, or as the notes in the Tabular List instruct. The 7th character must always be the 7th character in the data field. If a code that requires a 7th character is not 6 characters, a placeholder X must be used to fill in the empty characters.
- The appropriate 7th character is to be added to each code from category T76
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- adult and child maltreatment, confirmed (T74.-)
- suspected abuse and maltreatment in pregnancy (O9A.3-, O9A.4-, O9A.5-)
- suspected adult physical abuse, ruled out (Z04.71)
- suspected adult sexual abuse, ruled out (Z04.41)
- suspected child physical abuse, ruled out (Z04.72)
- suspected child sexual abuse, ruled out (Z04.42)
Information for Patients
Child abuse is doing something or failing to do something that results in harm to a child or puts a child at risk of harm. Child abuse can be physical, sexual or emotional. Neglect, or not providing for a child's needs, is also a form of abuse.
Most abused children suffer greater emotional than physical damage. An abused child may become depressed. He or she may withdraw, think of suicide or become violent. An older child may use drugs or alcohol, try to run away or abuse others.
Child abuse is a serious problem. If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected, call the police or your local child welfare agency.
- Child abuse - physical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Child neglect and emotional abuse (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Shaken baby syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)