Diagnosis Code T56.1X1D
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code T56.1X1D is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V34.0)
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- V58.89 - Other specfied aftercare (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Present on Admission (POA) Present on Admission
The Present on Admission (POA) indicator is used for diagnosis codes included in claims involving inpatient admissions to general acute care hospitals. POA indicators must be reported to CMS on each claim to facilitate the grouping of diagnoses codes into the proper Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG). CMS publishes a listing of specific diagnosis codes that are exempt from the POA reporting requirement.
The code T56.1X1D is exempt from POA reporting.
- Accidental exposure to inorganic mercury compound
- Accidental exposure to metallic mercury
- Accidental exposure to organic mercury compound
- Accidental poisoning by mercury and its compounds and fumes
- Accidental poisoning by mercury compounds
- Accidental poisoning by mercury fumes
- Accidental poisoning by organic mercurials
- Acrodynia caused by mercury
- Acute mercury nephropathy
- Acute toxic nephropathy
- Allergic gingival disease
- Allergic gingival disease caused by mercury
- Chronic interstitial nephritis caused by heavy metals
- Chronic mercury nephropathy
- Chronic toxic interstitial nephritis
- Inorganic mercury poisoning
- Mercurial tremor
- Minamata disease
- Organic mercury poisoning
- Toxic effect of mercury AND/OR its compounds
Information for Patients
Mercury is an element that is found in air, water and soil. It has several forms. Metallic mercury is a shiny, silver-white, odorless liquid. If heated, it is a colorless, odorless gas. It also combines with other elements to form powders or crystals. Mercury is in many products. Metallic mercury is used in glass thermometers, silver dental fillings, and button batteries. Mercury salts may be used in skin creams and ointments. It's also used in many industries.
Mercury in the air settles into water. It can pass through the food chain and build up in fish, shellfish, and animals that eat fish. The nervous system is sensitive to all forms of mercury. Exposure to high levels can damage the brain and kidneys. Pregnant women can pass the mercury in their bodies to their babies.
It is important to protect your family from mercury exposure:
- Carefully handle and dispose of products that contain mercury
- Limit your consumption of fish with higher levels of mercury
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
- Mercuric chloride poisoning (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mercuric oxide poisoning (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mercury (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mercury Quick Facts: Health Effects of Mercury Exposure (Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry)
- Methylmercury poisoning (Medical Encyclopedia)