Diagnosis Code S59.809
Information for Medical Professionals
- Degloving injury, elbow area
- Foreign body left in elbow
- Metal foreign body in elbow
Information for Patients
Elbow Injuries and Disorders
Your elbow joint is made up of bone, cartilage, ligaments and fluid. Muscles and tendons help the elbow joint move. When any of these structures is hurt or diseased, you have elbow problems.
Many things can make your elbow hurt. A common cause is tendinitis, an inflammation or injury to the tendons that attach muscle to bone. Tendinitis of the elbow is a sports injury, often from playing tennis or golf. You may also get tendinitis from overuse of the elbow.
Other causes of elbow pain include sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, bursitis and arthritis. Treatment depends on the cause.
- Elbow pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Elbow replacement (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Elbow sprain -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Medial epicondylitis - golfer's elbow (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Nursemaid's elbow (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tennis elbow (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Tennis elbow surgery (Medical Encyclopedia)