Diagnosis Code R41.840
Information for Medical Professionals
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 799.51 - Attn/concentrate deficit
- Cognitive deficit in attention
- Disturbance of attention
- Impairment of mental alertness
- On examination - behavioral
- On examination - easily distractable
- Poor concentration
- Reduced concentration span
- Unable to concentrate
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code R41.840 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- attention-deficit hyperactivity disorders (F90.-)
Information for Patients
Also called: Mental illness
Mental disorders include a wide range of problems, including
- Anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and phobias
- Bipolar disorder
- Mood disorders
- Personality disorders
- Psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia
There are many causes of mental disorders. Your genes and family history may play a role. Your life experiences, such as stress or a history of abuse, may also matter. Biological factors can also be part of the cause. A traumatic brain injury can lead to a mental disorder. A mother's exposure to viruses or toxic chemicals while pregnant may play a part. Other factors may increase your risk, such as use of illegal drugs or having a serious medical condition like cancer.
Medications and counseling can help many mental disorders.
- Adjustment disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Conversion disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Illness anxiety disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Somatic symptom disorder (Medical Encyclopedia)