Diagnosis Code O71.1
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses Maternity diagnoses
Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Diagnostic Related Groups
The diagnosis code O71.1 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 767 - VAGINAL DELIVERY WITH STERILIZATION AND/OR D&C
- 768 - VAGINAL DELIVERY WITH O.R. PROCEDURE EXCEPT STERILIZATION AND/OR D&C
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 665.11 - Rupture uterus NOS-deliv (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Rupture of gravid uterus
- Rupture of uterus
- Rupture of uterus during and after labor - delivered
- Rupture of uterus during and after labor - delivered with postnatal problem
- Rupture of uterus during AND/OR after labor
- Rupture of uterus during labor
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code O71.1 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Rupture of uterus not stated as occurring before onset of labor
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- disruption of cesarean delivery wound (O90.0)
- laceration of uterus, NEC NEC "Not elsewhere classifiable"
This abbreviation in the Alphabetic Index represents "other specified". When a specific code is not available for a condition, the Alphabetic Index directs the coder to the "other specified” code in the Tabular List. (O71.81)
Information for Patients
While childbirth usually goes well, complications can happen. They can cause a risk to the mother, baby, or both. Possible complications include
- Preterm (premature) labor, when labor starts before 37 completed weeks of pregnancy
- Problems with the umbilical cord
- Problems with the position of the baby, such as breech, in which the baby is going to come out feet first
- Birth injuries
For some of these problems, the baby may need to be delivered surgically by a Cesarean section.
- Assisted delivery with forceps (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Brachial plexus injury in newborns (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Breech birth (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Caput succedaneum (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Meconium aspiration syndrome (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Premature rupture of membranes (Medical Encyclopedia)