Diagnosis Code O07.1
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses Maternity diagnoses
Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 638.1 - Attem abort w hemorrhage
- Acquired fibrinogen abnormality
- Acquired hypofibrinogenemia
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation
- Failed attempted abortion with afibrinogenemia
- Failed attempted abortion with defibrination syndrome
- Failed attempted abortion with delayed or excessive hemorrhage
- Failed attempted abortion with intravascular hemolysis
- Failed attempted medical abortion
- Failed attempted termination of pregnancy complicated by delayed and/or excessive hemorrhage
- Failed medical abortion, complicated by delayed or excessive hemorrhage
- Incomplete legal abortion
- Incomplete legal abortion with delayed or excessive hemorrhage
Index of Diseases and Injuries
References found for the code O07.1 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Afibrinogenemia following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Defibrination syndrome following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Hemolysis following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
- Intravascular coagulation following failed attempted termination of pregnancy
Information for Patients
An abortion is a procedure to end a pregnancy. It uses medicine or surgery to remove the embryo or fetus and placenta from the uterus. The procedure is done by a licensed health care professional.
The decision to end a pregnancy is very personal. If you are thinking of having an abortion, most health care providers advise counseling.
- Abortion - medical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abortion - surgical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abortion - surgical - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ending pregnancy with medications (Medical Encyclopedia)