Diagnosis Code O04.83
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Maternity diagnoses Maternity diagnoses
Maternity. Age range is 12–55 years inclusive (e.g., diabetes in pregnancy, antepartum pulmonary complication).
Diagnoses for females only Diagnoses for females only
Diagnoses for females only.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 635.42 - Leg ab w metab dis-comp (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Complete illegal abortion with metabolic disorder
- Complete legal abortion
- Complete legal abortion with metabolic disorder
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Illegal abortion complete
- Illegal abortion complicated by metabolic disorder
- Illegal abortion incomplete
- Illegal abortion with electrolyte imbalance
- Incomplete illegal abortion with metabolic disorder
- Induced termination of pregnancy complicated by electrolyte imbalance
- Induced termination of pregnancy complicated by metabolic disorder
- Legal abortion complicated by metabolic disorder
- Legal abortion with electrolyte imbalance
Information for Patients
An abortion is a procedure to end a pregnancy. It uses medicine or surgery to remove the embryo or fetus and placenta from the uterus. The procedure is done by a licensed health care professional.
The decision to end a pregnancy is very personal. If you are thinking of having an abortion, most health care providers advise counseling.
- Abortion - medical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abortion - surgical (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Abortion - surgical - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Ending pregnancy with medications (Medical Encyclopedia)