Diagnosis Code N90.81
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code N90.81 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Female genital cutting status
Information for Patients
Sexual Problems in Women
There are many problems that can keep a woman from enjoying sex. They include
- Lack of sexual desire
- Inability to become aroused
- Lack of orgasm, or sexual climax
- Painful intercourse
These problems may have physical or psychological causes. Physical causes may include conditions like diabetes, heart disease, nerve disorders, or hormone problems. Some drugs can also affect desire and function. Psychological causes may include work-related stress and anxiety. They may also include depression or concerns about marriage or relationship problems. For some women, the problem results from past sexual trauma.
Occasional problems with sexual function are common. If problems last more than a few months or cause distress for you or your partner, you should see your health care provider.
- Cancer treatment: fertility and sexual side effects in women (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Orgasmic dysfunction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginal dryness (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Vaginismus (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Women and sexual problems (Medical Encyclopedia)