Diagnosis Code N35.113
Information for Medical Professionals
The following edits are applicable to this code:
Diagnoses for males only Diagnoses for males only
Diagnoses for males only.
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 598.00 - Urethr strict:infect NOS (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
- Postinfective membranous urethral stricture
- Postinfective urethral stricture of male
Information for Patients
The urethra is the tube that allows urine to pass out of the body. In men, it's a long tube that runs through the penis. It also carries semen in men. In women, it's short and is just above the vagina. Urethral problems may happen due to aging, illness, or injury. They include
- Urethral cancer - a rare cancer that happens more often in men
- Urethral stricture - a narrowing of the opening of the urethra
- Urethritis - inflammation of the urethra, sometimes caused by infection
Urethral problems may cause pain or difficulty passing urine. You may also have bleeding or discharge from the urethra.
Doctors diagnose urethral problems using different tests. These include urine tests, x-rays and an examination of the urethra with a scope called a cystoscope. Treatment depends on the cause of the problem. It may include medicines and, in severe cases, surgery.
- Chlamydial infections - male (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Epispadias (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Meatal stenosis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Self catheterization - female (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Self catheterization - male (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Traumatic injury of the bladder and urethra (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Urethral discharge culture (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Urethral stricture (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Urethritis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Urinary Retention - NIH (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases)