Diagnosis Code M26.0
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code M26.0 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- acromegaly (E22.0)
- Robin's syndrome (Q87.0)
Information for Patients
Jaw Injuries and Disorders
Your jaw is a set of bones that holds your teeth. It consists of two main parts. The upper part is the maxilla. It doesn't move. The moveable lower part is called the mandible. You move it when you talk or chew. The two halves of the mandible meet at your chin. The joint where the mandible meets your skull is the temporomandibular joint.
Jaw problems include
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Osteonecrosis, which happens when your bones lose their blood supply
Treatment of jaw problems depends on the cause.
- Jaw - broken or dislocated (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Malocclusion of teeth (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Micrognathia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Prognathism (Medical Encyclopedia)