Diagnosis Code M23.629
Information for Medical Professionals
The diagnosis code M23.629 is grouped in the following Diagnostic Related Group(s) (MS-DRG V35.0)
- 562 - FRACTURE, SPRAIN, STRAIN AND DISLOCATION EXCEPT FEMUR, HIP, PELVIS AND THIGH WITH MCC
- 563 - FRACTURE, SPRAIN, STRAIN AND DISLOCATION EXCEPT FEMUR, HIP, PELVIS AND THIGH WITHOUT MCC
Convert to ICD-9 General Equivalence Map
The ICD-10 and ICD-9 GEMs are used to facilitate linking between the diagnosis codes in ICD-9-CM and the new ICD-10-CM code set. The GEMs are the raw material from which providers, health information vendors and payers can derive specific applied mappings to meet their needs.
- 717.89 - Int derangement knee NEC (approximate) Approximate Flag
The approximate flag is on, indicating that the relationship between the code in the source system and the code in the target system is an approximate equivalent.
Information for Patients
Knee Injuries and Disorders
Your knee joint is made up of bone, cartilage, ligaments and fluid. Muscles and tendons help the knee joint move. When any of these structures is hurt or diseased, you have knee problems. Knee problems can cause pain and difficulty walking.
Knee problems are very common, and they occur in people of all ages. Knee problems can interfere with many things, from participation in sports to simply getting up from a chair and walking. This can have a big impact on your life.
The most common disease affecting the knee is osteoarthritis. The cartilage in the knee gradually wears away, causing pain and swelling.
Injuries to ligaments and tendons also cause knee problems. A common injury is to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). You usually injure your ACL by a sudden twisting motion. ACL and other knee injuries are common sports injuries.
Treatment of knee problems depends on the cause. In some cases your doctor may recommend knee replacement.
NIH: National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- ACL reconstruction (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Anterior crucate ligament (ACL) injury (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Anterior knee pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Baker cyst (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Broken kneecap - aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Collateral ligament (CL) injury -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Getting your home ready - knee or hip surgery (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Knee arthroscopy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Knee MRI scan (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Knee pain (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Meniscus tears -- aftercare (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Osgood-Schlatter disease (Medical Encyclopedia)