Diagnosis Code L94
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code L94 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Information for Patients
Connective Tissue Disorders
Your connective tissue supports many different parts of your body, such as your skin, eyes, and heart. It is like a "cellular glue" that gives your body parts their shape and helps keep them strong. It also helps some of your tissues do their work. It is made of many kinds of proteins. Cartilage and fat are types of connective tissue.
Over 200 disorders that impact connective tissue. There are different types:
- Genetic disorders, such as Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Marfan syndrome, and osteogenesis imperfecta
- Autoimmune disorders, such as lupus and scleroderma
- Cancers, like some types of soft tissue sarcoma
Each disorder has its own symptoms and needs different treatment.
NIH: National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- Dupuytrens contracture (Medical Encyclopedia)