Diagnosis Code L67
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code L67 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- monilethrix (Q84.1)
- pili annulati (Q84.1)
- telogen effluvium (L65.0)
Information for Patients
The average person has 5 million hairs. Hair grows all over your body except on your lips, palms, and the soles of your feet. It takes about a month for healthy hair to grow half an inch. Most hairs grow for up to six years and then fall out. New hairs grow in their place.
Hair helps keep you warm. It also protects your eyes, ears and nose from small particles in the air. Common problem with the hair and scalp include hair loss, infections, and flaking.
- Aging changes in hair and nails (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Dry hair (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Excessive or unwanted hair in women (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Folliculitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Trichorrhexis nodosa (Medical Encyclopedia)