Diagnosis Code K12.3
Information for Medical Professionals
References found for the code K12.3 in the Index of Diseases and Injuries:
- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Mucositis (oral) (oropharyneal)
- Type 2 Excludes Notes: Type 2 Excludes Notes
A type 2 Excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- gastrointestinal mucositis (ulcerative) (K92.81)
- mucositis (ulcerative) of vagina and vulva (N76.81)
- nasal mucositis (ulcerative) (J34.81)
Information for Patients
Your mouth is one of the most important parts of your body. Any problem that affects your mouth can make it hard to eat, drink or even smile.
Some common mouth problems include
- Cold sores - painful sores on the lips and around the mouth, caused by a virus
- Canker sores - painful sores in the mouth, caused by bacteria or viruses
- Thrush - a yeast infection that causes white patches in your mouth
- Leukoplakia - white patches of excess cell growth on the cheeks, gums or tongue, common in smokers
- Dry mouth - a lack of enough saliva, caused by some medicines and certain diseases
- Gum or tooth problems
- Bad breath
Treatment for mouth disorders varies, depending on the problem. Keeping a clean mouth by brushing and flossing often is important.
- Burning Mouth Syndrome - NIH (National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research)
- Drooling (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Gum biopsy (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Herpangina (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Leukoplakia (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Lichen planus (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mouth sores (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mouth ulcers (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Mucous cyst (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Perioral dermatitis (Medical Encyclopedia)
- Thrush (Medical Encyclopedia)