Clinical Terms for Tuberculosis of nervous system (A17)
Tuberculosis-. Any of the infectious diseases of man and other animals caused by species of MYCOBACTERIUM TUBERCULOSIS.
Tuberculosis, Central Nervous System-. Tuberculosis of the brain, spinal cord, or meninges (TUBERCULOSIS, MENINGEAL), most often caused by MYCOBACTERIUM TUBERCULOSIS and rarely by MYCOBACTERIUM BOVIS. The infection may be limited to the nervous system or coexist in other organs (e.g., TUBERCULOSIS, PULMONARY). The organism tends to seed the meninges causing a diffuse meningitis and leads to the formation of TUBERCULOMA, which may occur within the brain, spinal cord, or perimeningeal spaces. Tuberculous involvement of the vertebral column (TUBERCULOSIS, SPINAL) may result in nerve root or spinal cord compression.
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
- A17 - Tuberculosis of nervous system NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A17.0 - Tuberculous meningitis BILLABLE CODE
- A17.1 - Meningeal tuberculoma BILLABLE CODE
- A17.8 - Other tuberculosis of nervous system NON-BILLABLE CODE
- A17.81 - Tuberculoma of brain and spinal cord BILLABLE CODE
- A17.82 - Tuberculous meningoencephalitis BILLABLE CODE
- A17.83 - Tuberculous neuritis BILLABLE CODE
- A17.89 - Other tuberculosis of nervous system BILLABLE CODE
- A17.9 - Tuberculosis of nervous system, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Tuberculosis of nervous system (A17)