- ICD-10 Index
- Chapter: G00–G99
- Section: G40-G47
- Transient cerebral ischemic attacks and related syndromes (G45)
Clinical Terms for Transient cerebral ischemic attacks and related syndromes (G45)
Ischemic Attack, Transient-. Brief reversible episodes of focal, nonconvulsive ischemic dysfunction of the brain having a duration of less than 24 hours, and usually less than one hour, caused by transient thrombotic or embolic blood vessel occlusion or stenosis. Events may be classified by arterial distribution, temporal pattern, or etiology (e.g., embolic vs. thrombotic).
Vertebrobasilar Insufficiency-. Localized or diffuse reduction in blood flow through the vertebrobasilar arterial system, which supplies the BRAIN STEM; CEREBELLUM; OCCIPITAL LOBE; medial TEMPORAL LOBE; and THALAMUS. Characteristic clinical features include SYNCOPE; lightheadedness; visual disturbances; and VERTIGO. BRAIN STEM INFARCTIONS or other BRAIN INFARCTION may be associated.
Amaurosis Fugax-. Transient complete or partial monocular blindness due to retinal ischemia. This may be caused by emboli from the CAROTID ARTERY (usually in association with CAROTID STENOSIS) and other locations that enter the central RETINAL ARTERY.
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
Diseases of the nervous system (G00–G99)
Episodic and paroxysmal disorders (G40-G47)
- G45 - Transient cerebral ischemic attacks and related syndromes NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G45.0 - Vertebro-basilar artery syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- G45.1 - Carotid artery syndrome (hemispheric) BILLABLE CODE
- G45.2 - Multiple and bilateral precerebral artery syndromes BILLABLE CODE
- G45.3 - Amaurosis fugax BILLABLE CODE
- G45.4 - Transient global amnesia BILLABLE CODE
- G45.8 - Oth transient cerebral ischemic attacks and related synd BILLABLE CODE
- G45.9 - Transient cerebral ischemic attack, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Transient cerebral ischemic attacks and related syndromes (G45)