Clinical Terms for Toxoplasmosis (B58)
Toxoplasmosis-. The acquired form of infection by Toxoplasma gondii in animals and man.
Toxoplasma-. A genus of protozoa parasitic to birds and mammals. T. gondii is one of the most common infectious pathogenic animal parasites of man.
- infection due to Toxoplasma gondii
Type 1 Excludes Type 1 Excludes
A type 1 excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- congenital toxoplasmosis P37.1
Certain infectious and parasitic diseases (A00–B99)
Protozoal diseases (B50-B64)
- B58 - Toxoplasmosis NON-BILLABLE CODE
- B58.0 - Toxoplasma oculopathy NON-BILLABLE CODE
- B58.00 - Toxoplasma oculopathy, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- B58.01 - Toxoplasma chorioretinitis BILLABLE CODE
- B58.09 - Other toxoplasma oculopathy BILLABLE CODE
- B58.1 - Toxoplasma hepatitis BILLABLE CODE
- B58.2 - Toxoplasma meningoencephalitis BILLABLE CODE
- B58.3 - Pulmonary toxoplasmosis BILLABLE CODE
- B58.8 - Toxoplasmosis with other organ involvement NON-BILLABLE CODE
- B58.81 - Toxoplasma myocarditis BILLABLE CODE
- B58.82 - Toxoplasma myositis BILLABLE CODE
- B58.83 - Toxoplasma tubulo-interstitial nephropathy BILLABLE CODE
- B58.89 - Toxoplasmosis with other organ involvement BILLABLE CODE
- B58.9 - Toxoplasmosis, unspecified BILLABLE CODE