Clinical Terms for Systemic atrophies aff cnsl in diseases classd elswhr (G13)
Paraneoplastic Polyneuropathy-. A diffuse or multifocal peripheral neuropathy related to the remote effects of a neoplasm, most often carcinoma or lymphoma. Pathologically, there are inflammatory changes in peripheral nerves. The most common clinical presentation is a symmetric distal mixed sensorimotor polyneuropathy.
Myxedema-. A condition characterized by a dry, waxy type of swelling (EDEMA) with abnormal deposits of MUCOPOLYSACCHARIDES in the SKIN and other tissues. It is caused by a deficiency of THYROID HORMONES. The skin becomes puffy around the eyes and on the cheeks. The face is dull and expressionless with thickened nose and lips.
Diseases of the nervous system (G00–G99)
Systemic atrophies primarily affecting the central nervous system (G10-G14)
- G13 - Systemic atrophies aff cnsl in diseases classd elswhr NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G13.0 - Paraneoplastic neuromyopathy and neuropathy BILLABLE CODE
- G13.1 - Oth systemic atrophy aff cnsl in neoplastic disease BILLABLE CODE
- G13.2 - Systemic atrophy primarily affecting the cnsl in myxedema BILLABLE CODE
- G13.8 - Systemic atrophy aff cnsl in oth diseases classd elswhr BILLABLE CODE
Systemic atrophies aff cnsl in diseases classd elswhr (G13)