Clinical Terms for Reaction to severe stress, and adjustment disorders (F43)
Acute Stress Disorders-. A class of traumatic stress disorders that is characterized by the significant dissociative states seen immediately after overwhelming trauma. By definition it cannot last longer than 1 month, if it persists, a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder (STRESS DISORDERS, POST-TRAUMATIC) is more appropriate.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders-. A class of traumatic stress disorders with symptoms that last more than one month.
Adjustment Disorders-. Maladaptive reactions to identifiable psychosocial stressors occurring within a short time after onset of the stressor. They are manifested by either impairment in social or occupational functioning or by symptoms (depression, anxiety, etc.) that are in excess of a normal and expected reaction to the stressor.
Mental and behavioural disorders (F00–F99)
Anxiety, dissociative, stress-related, somatoform and other nonpsychotic mental disorders (F40-F48)
- F43 - Reaction to severe stress, and adjustment disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- F43.0 - Acute stress reaction BILLABLE CODE
- F43.1 - Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) NON-BILLABLE CODE
- F43.10 - Post-traumatic stress disorder, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- F43.11 - Post-traumatic stress disorder, acute BILLABLE CODE
- F43.12 - Post-traumatic stress disorder, chronic BILLABLE CODE
- F43.2 - Adjustment disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- F43.20 - Adjustment disorder, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- F43.21 - Adjustment disorder with depressed mood BILLABLE CODE
- F43.22 - Adjustment disorder with anxiety BILLABLE CODE
- F43.23 - Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood BILLABLE CODE
- F43.24 - Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct BILLABLE CODE
- F43.25 - Adjustment disorder w mixed disturb of emotions and conduct BILLABLE CODE
- F43.29 - Adjustment disorder with other symptoms BILLABLE CODE
- F43.8 - Other reactions to severe stress BILLABLE CODE
- F43.9 - Reaction to severe stress, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Reaction to severe stress, and adjustment disorders (F43)