- Inclusion Terms: Inclusion terms
List of terms is included under some codes. These terms are the conditions for which that code is to be used. The terms may be synonyms of the code title, or, in the case of "other specified" codes, the terms are a list of the various conditions assigned to that code. The inclusion terms are not necessarily exhaustive. Additional terms found only in the Alphabetic Index may also be assigned to a code.
- Acidemia of newborn
- Acidosis of newborn
- Anoxia of newborn NOS
- Asphyxia of newborn NOS
- Hypercapnia of newborn
- Hypoxemia of newborn
- Hypoxia of newborn NOS
- Mixed metabolic and respiratory acidosis of newborn
- Type 1 Excludes Notes: Type 1 Excludes Notes
A type 1 Excludes note is a pure excludes note. It means "NOT CODED HERE!" An Excludes1 note indicates that the code excluded should never be used at the same time as the code above the Excludes1 note. An Excludes1 is used when two conditions cannot occur together, such as a congenital form versus an acquired form of the same condition.
- intracranial hemorrhage due to anoxia or hypoxia (P52.-)
- hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy [HIE] (P91.6-)
- late metabolic acidosis of newborn (P74.0)
Certain conditions originating in the perinatal period (P00–P96)