Clinical Terms for Other extrapyramidal and movement disorders (G25)
Essential Tremor-. A relatively common disorder characterized by a fairly specific pattern of tremors which are most prominent in the upper extremities and neck, inducing titubations of the head. The tremor is usually mild, but when severe may be disabling. An autosomal dominant pattern of inheritance may occur in some families (i.e., familial tremor).
Myoclonus-. Involuntary shock-like contractions, irregular in rhythm and amplitude, followed by relaxation, of a muscle or a group of muscles. This condition may be a feature of some CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DISEASES; (e.g., EPILEPSY, MYOCLONIC). Nocturnal myoclonus is the principal feature of the NOCTURNAL MYOCLONUS SYNDROME.
Tic Disorders-. Disorders characterized by recurrent TICS that may interfere with speech and other activities. Tics are sudden, rapid, nonrhythmic, stereotyped motor movements or vocalizations which may be exacerbated by stress and are generally attenuated during absorbing activities. Tic disorders are distinguished from conditions which feature other types of abnormal movements that may accompany another another condition.
Drug Induced Akathisia-. A condition associated with the use of certain medications and characterized by an internal sense of motor restlessness often described as an inability to resist the urge to move.
Restless Legs Syndrome-. A disorder characterized by aching or burning sensations in the lower and rarely the upper extremities that occur prior to sleep or may awaken the patient from sleep.
Stiff-Man Syndrome-. A condition characterized by persistent spasms (SPASM) involving multiple muscles, primarily in the lower limbs and trunk. The illness tends to occur in the fourth to sixth decade of life, presenting with intermittent spasms that become continuous. Minor sensory stimuli, such as noise and light touch, precipitate severe spasms. Spasms do not occur during sleep and only rarely involve cranial muscles. Respiration may become impaired in advanced cases.
Extrapyramidal Disorders-. Diseases of the BASAL GANGLIA including the PUTAMEN; GLOBUS PALLIDUS; claustrum; AMYGDALA; and CAUDATE NUCLEUS. DYSKINESIAS (most notably involuntary movements and alterations of the rate of movement) represent the primary clinical manifestations of these disorders. Common etiologies include CEREBROVASCULAR DISORDERS; NEURODEGENERATIVE DISEASES; and CRANIOCEREBRAL TRAUMA.
Type 2 Excludes Type 2 Excludes
A type 2 excludes note represents "Not included here". An excludes2 note indicates that the condition excluded is not part of the condition represented by the code, but a patient may have both conditions at the same time. When an Excludes2 note appears under a code, it is acceptable to use both the code and the excluded code together, when appropriate.
- sleep related movement disorders G47.6
Diseases of the nervous system (G00–G99)
Extrapyramidal and movement disorders (G20-G26)
- G25 - Other extrapyramidal and movement disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G25.0 - Essential tremor BILLABLE CODE
- G25.1 - Drug-induced tremor BILLABLE CODE
- G25.2 - Other specified forms of tremor BILLABLE CODE
- G25.3 - Myoclonus BILLABLE CODE
- G25.4 - Drug-induced chorea BILLABLE CODE
- G25.5 - Other chorea BILLABLE CODE
- G25.6 - Drug induced tics and other tics of organic origin NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G25.61 - Drug induced tics BILLABLE CODE
- G25.69 - Other tics of organic origin BILLABLE CODE
- G25.7 - Other and unspecified drug induced movement disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G25.70 - Drug induced movement disorder, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
- G25.71 - Drug induced akathisia BILLABLE CODE
- G25.79 - Other drug induced movement disorders BILLABLE CODE
- G25.8 - Other specified extrapyramidal and movement disorders NON-BILLABLE CODE
- G25.81 - Restless legs syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- G25.82 - Stiff-man syndrome BILLABLE CODE
- G25.83 - Benign shuddering attacks BILLABLE CODE
- G25.89 - Other specified extrapyramidal and movement disorders BILLABLE CODE
- G25.9 - Extrapyramidal and movement disorder, unspecified BILLABLE CODE
Other extrapyramidal and movement disorders (G25)